Monday, April 23, 2018

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! Actually, every day is Earth Day for us. So you may be wondering where I recycle. As an apartment dweller, I don't have curbside pickup. And there is no drop off within miles. So what do I do?

Target

A few blocks away there is a Target. It's easily within walking distance. There are bins inside the store. They take glass, aluminum, plastic bottles, and there is a separate bin for soft plastic bags. This includes packaging, shopping bags, cereal bags, bread bags, and other plastic wrap.

Publix

It's Publix's fault we can't ban plastic bags or styrofoam meat packaging in the first place. However, there are bins outside the front of the store. The bins are: foam egg cartons and plastic bags. Not as much as Target, but it is a start.

City Drop Off

There are drop off bins throughout the city. They are all at least a 20 minute drive from any angle. It's crazy! I do not want to drive that far when there is nothing else in the area. So I pack a laundry basket with my recyclables and about every three weeks I will take the journey out there.

So those are the three places I go to take my recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! Actually, every day is Earth Day for us. So you may be wondering where I recycle. As an apartment dweller, I don&#...