Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Dumpster Diving - First time

I went dumpster diving for the first time a few days ago. I went in the early morning, after I dropped my daughter off at the bus stop. I went to our neighborhood dumpster. We have no recycling facilities and no donation pick-up. So sometimes treasures can be found there.



This haul contains: 4 wooden utensils, 2 bowls, 2 Pyrex measuring cups, a measuring cup set, a glass Oster blender, a glass bowl and lid set, a sandwich/lunch keeper, and a can opener.  I was worried because my old can opener stopped working, but now I have a brand new one! The blender works! I have always wanted my own blender. It is so nice to have a high quality glass blender.

I opened the bowl set. It was previously sealed up in plastic shrinkwrap. There are five bowls and five lids. They've never even been touched before. I'm using one of the bowls for salsa right now.

This was a great find and I encourage everyone to try dumpster diving at least once. In the USA, if someone throws something out, it is now in the public domain. However, you must pay attention to "no trespassing" signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! Actually, every day is Earth Day for us. So you may be wondering where I recycle. As an apartment dweller, I don&#...