Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Leftover food, rescue food.

I found a company that finds a use for leftover food from restaurants.  Food waste is a big problem in the world.  So many people are going hungry and we have food. It's not a food problem; it's a distribution problem.

This company allows you to purchase "rescue food" aka Leftovers from restaurants at discount prices. Therefore, restaurants get to sell their food instead of wasting it, and we get cheap food. It is a win-win situation.

The only problem is that this company doesn't operate in the USA.  Where I live, we have over 500 restaurants, even more than New York City. So, I emailed them. And they replied!

They said that their goal is to eventually open in the US, and when they do, they will annouce it with a big ad campaign so everyone knows what they're about. It will be an exciting day when they open here and I am looking forward to trying them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! Actually, every day is Earth Day for us. So you may be wondering where I recycle. As an apartment dweller, I don&#...