Wednesday, March 7, 2018

First Green Thought

This is just a blog of my random thoughts, mostly to do with environmentalism, etc.

I dreamed I saw whales floating in the sky. I looked this up to see what it means. It means that "an enormous sense of freedom from letting down your emotional wall. You feel a huge weight has been lifted". That's how I felt when I found the zero waste community. Well, actual zero waste is an industry term and is practically impossible in the home unless you live on an island in the middle of nowhere. Low impact sounds less harsh. But it's all the same thing if you wish to live a more eco-conscious life. Who cares what we label it?

I live in an area that has a lot of sea turtles. They come up to the beach to lay their eggs. And I just love them. They are majestic creatures. I saw a video where a turtle got a plastic straw stuck up his nose and it greatly moved me. Like I had a manic episode when I saw this and decided I had to do something. So I'm working on being more environmentally conscious especially when it comes to single use plastics. Also I started this blog to collect my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! Actually, every day is Earth Day for us. So you may be wondering where I recycle. As an apartment dweller, I don&#...